Adopt, Foster, or Volunteer
This form must be completed in order for us to consider your application to Adopt, Foster or Volunteer.
You must answer ALL questions. Use as much detail as you like.
Incomplete applications will not be processed.
Florida Boxer Rescue does not adopt outside the state of Florida. Please apply with the Boxer rescue organization in your area.
PLEASE NOTE: Florida Boxer Rescue serves WEST and CENTRAL Florida ONLY and adopts Boxers to homes in the following counties: Citrus, Charlotte, Collier, Desoto, Glades, Hardee, Hernando, Hendry, Highlands, Hillsborough, Lake, Lee, Manatee, Marion, Okeechobee, Orange, Osceola, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, Sarasota, Seminole, and Sumter. FBR’s area is shown in yellow on the map.
- If you live in Northern Florida please apply with Boxer Aid and Rescue Coalition, shown in pink.
- If you live in East or South Florida please apply with Coastal Boxer Rescue, shown in purple.
- FBR does not adopt outside the state of Florida.
- If you live in a state other than Florida please use this link to find a Boxer Rescue near you American Boxer Rescue or Google Boxer Rescue and the name of the state in which you live.
If you are applying to adopt, the following requirements must be met before an adoption can take place:
- All pets that you currently have must be fully vetted. This includes that they be spayed/neutered, up to date on vaccinations and on monthly heartworm preventative. We will contact your vet for verification.
- You must be 21 years of age and living on your own.
- We do not adopt out dogs as gifts or surprises. Absolutely no exceptions.
- If you rent your home, you will be required to provide your landlord’s name, address and phone number. FBR requires landlord approval for all renters.
- Adopting a female if you currently have a female. From our considerable experience in dog placement, we believe that placing a female into a home with a female already in residence, is oftentimes not the best situation and therefore have a standard policy not to do so. If you wish for an exception to be made to this policy, we will evaluate your adoption request, taking all factors -such as age, breed and temperament – into consideration.
Note: Immediately upon clicking the “submit” button at the bottom of the application, you will automatically be directed to a page that reads “Thank you your application is complete.” If you do not receive this message, your application did not process…